I have been writing about virtual assistants and virtual workers for quite some time, explaining the benefits of outsourcing to virtual assistants and workers for small business and start-up business, like SOHO-, SME, SMB-, Micro-, Lifestyle-, Home-, DIY-, Hobby-, Boomer-, Professional-, Personal businesses.
But I never really wrote something about what it means to have a virtual small business team, which is part of WinWeb’s Small Business Infrastructure approach – so here it goes, a virtual small business team is:
- a collection of people working together in different locations, countries and time-zones
- a “network” of people working together using advanced online technology
- some teams my be project specific and/or limited in duration(time)
Not always do people only work virtually together, some times the meet – even if it is only socially. Under 1. many combinations are possible:
- different time in different locations
- same time in different locations
- same time in same location
- different time in the same location
This all really means one thing – anywhere at anytime! How virtual is your team or in other words how mobile and flexible is your small business. You should think about these issues in the planning phase of your business start-up.
Have you thought through all the possibilities for your small business outsourcing and bootstrapping or how much more green and eco-friendly your small business or start-up would be?