Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- India telecom firms face uphill task in IPTV drive: Indian telecom firms, seeking to increase revenue, face hurdles of high costs, low broadband usage and slow speeds.
- India adds six million GSM Mobile phone users in Feb: New Delhi: According to industry body Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) India ha…
- Knowledge Service for business transformation: Infosys BPO is focusing on the depth of its Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) services, says Joydeep Mukherjee, Vice President and Head of Knowledge Services, Infosys BPO, in an interview with Dow Jones. Joydeep believes that Infosys BPO is an industry leader due to its knowledge-focus and investments in technology and manpower. Infosys’ KPO practice provides solutions in the areas of analytics, financial planning and analysis, digital publishing, legal process outsourcing and research. It also offers services in retail and banking and capital markets.
- Claim LTA tax benefit this year, save more: If you are planning to put off your claim on the tax rebate on leave travel assistance (LTA) for next year or the year after, think again.
- HP launches three new imprint Notebooks: New Delhi: Hewlett-Packard, the leading Consumer Notebook vendor in India, unveiled three new…
- SatNav unveils laptop navigation: SatNav Technologies, a Hyderabad-headquartered IT products company, has added laptop and desktop navigation to its widest range of GPS products.
- infosys seeks to enhance women power: Infosys Technologies is gifting its ‘potential women staff’ a two-day, one-night tour, stay and fun package on its campuses across India.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.