Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- Mid-Cap, small stocks bleed most: The stock prices of mid-cap and small-cap companies have fallen sharply on Thursday, following the poor figures of industrial production for January 2008 on Wednesday.
- Promote mobile phone banking in JandK : Banks are facilitators for fulfilling the financial requirements of every individual. In fact the profitability of the banks is directly dependent on the quantum of interaction they have with their customers. In other words, it is the customer who keeps them in business and today’s customer is so much empowered that he can push any business house out of business if he turns his back towards it. The liberalization and globalization of financial services have put the banks on tenterhooks.
- More funds for patent offices relief for RITES, IRCON: New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on Thursday gave its approval for…
- FCIK hails extension of MSMED Act to JK: Srinagar, Mar 16: The Federation Chamber of Industries Kashmir (FCIK) Sunday hailed the Union Minister for Commerce and Industry, Jairam Ramesh for asking the State government to implement the Micro Small and Medium Enterprise Development (MSMED) Act in the State. andnbsp;The federation members, in a meeting expressed their pleasure that the union minister has formally taken up the issue with the Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, while terming their demand as ‘genuine’
- Quality and innovation essential for MSMEs: New Delhi: Inaugurating the fifth India Global Summit on Micro Small and Medium Enterprises
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.