Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- Govt must sell non-performing small banks: A high-level committee set up by the Planning Commission has mooted the sale of small and under- performing public sector banks.
- ICICI Bank launches SME CEO Knowledge Series: NEW DELHI: In a move to help CEOs of small and medium enterprises sharpen their skills and knowledge, ICICI Bank on Tuesday launched a programme SME CEO Knowledge Series in collaboration with CyberMedia.
- Inflation overrides all other concerns financial scene: Price rise is always a highly sensitive issue in a political sense. More so, when the country is in a pre-election mode
- IFC to invest USD 450 mn in Tata Mundra Project: Mumbai, April 9 : The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a World Bank group, will be investing $450 million in Coastal Gujarat Power Limited’s Tata Mundra project to help expand access to electricity in five states of western and northern India.
- More incentives needed to increase exports to Africa: New Delhi: An apex Indian business chamber on Monday said that India could double the volume …
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.