Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Web Marketing all about focus, says expert: Many small businesses will spend thousands of dollars on websites, yet won’t market them properly, says David Cree, an Internet marketing consultant.
- Zagros left off Iraq list: A small Calgary company exploring for oil in Kurdistan is in limbo after it was left off a list of eligible companies to work in Iraq.
- Court recognizes law firms as council for small – investor holders of ABCP: Juroviesky and Ricci LLP and Shibley Righton LLP get the nod from Ontario Superior Court to act as co-counsel in fight over frozen paper
- Mobius in talks for Iraq private equity investment: “There are smaller companies in manufacturing, the services and food industries that are keen for investment.”
- Bell Canada adds Hosted VoIP service for Small and Medium Business: Bell Canada today announced the launch of Business IP Voice, an exciting new addition to its portfolio of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) products designed for Canadian small and medium businesses (SMB). Business IP Voice offers choice for customers that want to leverage Internet-based voice services that are affordable, easy-to- use, and drive business opportunities
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.