Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Australia and New Zealand:
- Get a Jump on the web: CASH-strapped small businesses know a website will open them up to the world – but too often they skimp on marketing and it fails.
- Going green without going into the red: Small businesses are looking at waysto be more green without breaking the bank. Sustainability was the focus of eight seminars at Auckland’s Small Business Expo at the ASB Showgrounds yesterday. Owners and staff of small businesses…
- Owner plans to take expo overseas: The owner of the Small Business Expo brand is aiming to franchise the event overseas. The three-day expo, running at Auckland’s ASB Showgrounds this week, is in its fourth year and expanded to Wellington and Christchurch last year….
- Chasing a sure bet: WITH one small business successfully up and running, Brooke Pendlebury has now embarked on her second enterprise.
- Angels to the rescue: WITH small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) providing half the nation’s jobs, and 75 per cent of job growth, keeping the sector sustainable is a priority.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.