Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- Finance Minister inaugurates The MobileStore in Karaikudi: Finance Minister Shri P. Chidambaram inaugurated The MobileStore in Karaikudi. The MobileStore is a one stop shop for all mobile telecom solutions. All branded handsets, connections, accessories, repair services are available under one roof in a world class retail ambience.
- Three women honoured for grassroot contribution: New Delhi, April 29 (IANS) In an effort to promote women’s empowerment, the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) Tuesday honoured three women, who at the grass root level faced all odds but made significant contribution in the fields of health, education and micro-enterprise.
- New income tax code soon: FM: Government has said it will soon come out with a new Income Tax Code to streamline the taxation structure and reduce the plethora of exemptions given to various segments of taxpayers.
- Wages to go up in India by 14.4% in 2008: The explosive rate of growth in India has created a phenomenal demand for talent so much that wages are forecast to rise by 14.4 per cent during the year 2008, says a latest report.
- Need to anchor inflation prospects: RBI says it would be ideal to bring Indian inflationary expectations close to global inflation.
- India to impose export duty on steel rice: India will impose an export tax on basmati rice and some steel products, and cut import duties on key inputs.
- EU waiting for India’s FTa list submission: Kolkata : The European Union is waiting for India to submit the list of items that will be covered under the proposed Free Trade Agreement between the two trading partners, a EU official said today. Daniele Smadja, Ambassador and head of the delegation of the EU to India, said that the EU had already submitted its list of items to India. “We are now waiting for the Indian government to respond,” she said.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.