Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Shifting Careers: Why Leisure Matters in A Busy World: Leisure has many different definitions — we can even have leisure at work and be more productive, healthy and creative.
- As banks tighten up, small businesses find other sources for loans: Scott Metzger wanted to start a restaurant-microbrewery in San Antonio. His credit was good. His business plan was sound. He should have had an easy time getting financing. He didn’t. After spending a year developing relationships with three large banks, he…
- Marketing in the Recommendation Age: As customer review venues and their influence increase, business owners should capitalize on this trend.
- The Ultimate Little Black Book: Once upon a time, there was one telephone company. Routing phone calls was pretty straightforward.
- All about the IRS rebate numbering system: The Internal Revenue Service’s decision to distribute economic stimulus payments based on the last two digits of your Social Security number got me wondering: How does the government assign these numbers? Is there anything you can tell about a person from his…
- Fed reports tighter bank lending standards: The Fed reports that more banks are tightening lending standards on home mortgages, other types of consumer loans and business loans in response to a spreading credit crisis.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.