Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- KCCI discusses pilgrim tourism with SASB: Srinagar, May 6: Valley’s apex business chamber, the Kashmir Chamber of Commerce and Industry today discussed several issues relating to the pilgrim tourism with principal secretary to governor and chief executive officer, Amarnath Shrine Board, Dr Arun Kumar. andnbsp; A high level delegation of the KCCI led by its president Dr Mubeen Shah presented a memorandum to the CEO raising issues connected with the yatra vis-à-vis local businessmen and the people, ecology and environment
- Want to know where your competitors are advertising? Try (!) Yureekah: Yureekah claims to be the worlds first search engine that enables online media professionals to freely search where other brands are running their online advertising campaigns. Their mission is to organize world’s online advertising information to enable this search.
- The good side of US recession: I had earlier voiced my opinion that US recession may be a boon for Indian offshore software companies. Infact, even as America is moving into recession, Indian offshore companies are getting more business than ever before. The impact of recession is undoubtedly higher to small and medium sized enterprises whose bottom lines get squeezed due to lack of spending by consumers. These thousands of small and medium enterprises are increasingly waking up to cash in on the outsourcing wave, a market opportunity explored by their big daddies for a couple of decades now.
- Asset reconstruction arm to operate in 6 months: New Delhi: SME financing institution Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) today…
- Vodafone to bring Apples iPhone to India: New Delhi: Indias mobile phone users will be able to switch to Apples eagerly awaited iPhon…
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.