Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Australia and New Zealand:
- SME’s get more Web choices with MYOB: Business solutions company MYOB announced today it will expand its range of products to offer online Web hosting services to its SME customers.
- Business council backs tax review: TREASURER Wayne Swan has won the backing of the Business Council of Australia for his comprehensive review of the tax system.
- Nicola Kenn: Free software has silver lining: For Wellington website development company SilverStripe, international success has arrived through a rather unorthodox business plan – by giving away their product. The small company decided last year to offer its innovative website…
- BPO success demands sophisticated metrics: Business leaders are rapidly changing how they measure the success of their business process outsourcing programmes, reports analyst house Nelson Hall
- Tax overhaul looms in Aussie budget: A comprehensive review of Australia’s tax system will be unveiled with tomorrow’s federal Budget – but GST and tax-free superannuation will be off limits. Treasurer Wayne Swan said it was time for a sweeping inquiry into state,…
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.