Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- On demand virtual assistants for busy professionals and Businesspeople: Most of us have heard about Elance, getafreelancer orguru where users can outsource work to freelancers on project to project basis. These services are quite popular number of individuals and small business earn their livelihood through these sites.
- The wiki for Indian Startups: Do you know what are the biggest pain points faced by entrepreneurs while starting their new venture? It is the lack of knowledge in legal, financial and company incorporation areas, especially if you are an online startup.
- Low pace works mars cricket bat cluster: Islamabad, May 12:andnbsp; Secretary, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME), Dinesh Rai, expressed his concern over the delay in setting up a cricket bat cluster in the Valley.
andnbsp;“The work on the cricket bat cluster is going at snail’s pace. I have asked the Product and Process Development Centre (PPDC) to visit the site to speed up the work,” said Rai while speaking to Greater Kashmir after supervising the Treish mineral water plant, a product of Safa
- Cut in steel prices an eyewash, says SMEs: Small and medium enterprises doubt if the latest decision by the steel producers to cut prices would bring any immediate benefit to them. SMEs also believe that the category in which steel prices have been slashed is largely used by secondary steel manufacturers, who produce finished products like pipes and sheets.
- Central team assesses function of KVIB units: Srinagar, May 11: Secretary Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Government of India, today visited the common facility centre at Sethar Sangam in Islamabad District. He was accompanied by Additional Development Commissioner MSME, Secretary KVIB Srinagar, besides other officers of the Board.
andnbsp;The centre, in which training facility would be imparted to the entrepreneurs and artisans on modern technical know-how for skill upgradation aims to exploit the huge quantity of Kashmiri
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.