Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from the United States:
- How Small Business Owners Can Make Every Dollar Count: Now more than ever before, it’s important for small business owners to get the most return on every dollar they spend. After all, as the backbone of the American economy, the small business owner’s success spells good news for everyone.
- Gallatin business incubator would support entrepreneurs: GALLATIN — A proposed mixed-use development on Gallatin’s east side, which would combine commercial and residential functions while serving as a business incubator, could give more small businesses a chance to survive, officials believe.
- Your guide to the weeks most notable business events: M – Treasury Department reports on the federal budget for April. – The price of a first-class stamp goes up a penny, to 42 cents. – Small Business Week begins in San Francisco with events all week, ending with sidewalk sales in many…
- Indy Smallbiz, monthly small business newsmagazine Prepares for July 1st Launch: Indianapolis, Ind. – Indy Smallbiz, Inc., a monthly newsmagazine dedicated to the needs and interests of small business owners in the Indianapolis area was incorporated by its owner, John Gifford, on Friday, May 1st. To be launched on July 1st,
- Stimulating Small Business: Tax Relief on the Way: RIPON, Wis. — While the tax rebates for individuals are getting plenty of media coverage, the economic stimulus package also includes tax relief for small-business owners. There are a couple of provisions that will help commercial laundry owners increase cash flow and lower life-cycle costs.
- Small Business Technology Provider Named a BBB Accredited Business: BBB accreditation for PaySimple, provider of merchant account and ACH processing technology for small businesses, shows its commitment to ethical conduct and customer service.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.