Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- Small Business Guru Share How to Make a Million:The Principal® Women in Business Teleclass Series Features Susan Wilson Solovic and her “Girls Guide” to building a million dollar business. The Principal Financial Group® will feature Susan Wilson Solovic, chief executive officer of SBTV (Small Business Television) and author, as guest presenter for its complimentary teleclass, “A Discussion with the Author of The Girls’ Guide to Building a Million-Dollar Business.”
- Valley to get 2 industrial clusters soon: Srinagar, May 13: The Valley would have two developed industrial clusters for bat manufacturing and furniture soon. The development of these clusters would be supported by MSME (Micro Small and Medium Enterprises).
- Secretary MSME calls Mangat: Srinagar, May 13: Secretary Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Government of India Dinesh Ray, who is on two day visit of Jammu and Kashmir state today called on Minister for Health and Medical Education and Labour and Employmentandnbsp;
- Marriott India ranked 2nd Best place to work: Mumbai, May 20 (ANI/Business Wire India): Marriott India has garnered recognition for its human resource practices throughout the Indian sub-continent region, most recently being named as the 2nd ‘Best Place To Work’ as well as winning the stand-alone award for ‘Creating a Great Workplace for Generation Y’.
- Free MBA Training to Backward classes by Assocham: New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham) Wednesday launched its own foundation to impart professional business management training to candidates from scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.