Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from the United States:
- Bush Officials Fabricated Small Business Contracting Reports According to Court Ordered Documents: After losing its fifth federal lawsuit to the American Small Business League (ASBL), the Bush Administration has been forced to release more than 10,000 pages of documents
- Yahoo! Small Business: Yahoo! offers an easy and flexible path toward building your Web empire.
- BizTrader.com Launches Global Marketplace for Small Business: Multilingual in Spanish, English, and Chinese, BizTrader.com Redefines the Way Businesses Are Bought, Sold, Valued and Financed NEW YORK, June 4 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — BizTrader.com (www.b
- Small Business dark on WA govt: :58pm The approval rating of the state government by small and medium enterprises has fallen, making it the second lowest ranked state or territory government across Australia, a business survey has r
- AT&T rolls out new credit card rewards program for small business: AT&T Inc. and Citi said Thursday that the two companies are launching the AT&T Universal Business Rewards Card, a credit card program for small-business owners.
- Mexico’s Banco del Bajio Sees Growth In Small Business Loans: MEXICO CITY -(Dow Jones)- Mexican bank Banco del Bajio expects to grow its loan portfolio close to 30% this year as it taps demand by the country’s small businesses for credit, according to Joaquin Dominguez, the bank’s chief financial officer.
- Budget Resolution Includes Small Biz Bump-Up: The Senate on Wednesday passed a budget for the fiscal year that starts Oct. 1 that includes an increase in funding for some small business programs.
- Small-Business Employment: Not Too Shabby: This Friday, the Labor Department will release the unemployment numbers for May, which may answer some questions about whether the economy is headed for or in a recession. But we can get a preview—especially if we’re interested in hiring by small businesses
- Small Business: Appraising Looks: In the struggle to make a small business succeed, it’s easy to lose sight of the big picture. And while most small business owners agree the business is an important asset, it’s likely they may not know exactly what it’s worth. Whether selling one’s business is a consideration now or in the future, it’s crucial one take the time to understand the ins and outs of valuing it.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.