Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- MSMEDI holds intensive motivation campaign: Srinagar, June 22: To motivate educated unemployed persons for self-employment, the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Development Institute (MSMEDI), Government of India,
- Govt responsible for weakening local industry:The local industrialists today held the state government responsible for under development of the industry in the Valley.andnbsp;At a meeting held under the aegis of Federation Chamber of Industries Kashmir (FCIK) the industrialists said the huge government requirement of industrial products could have served as a strong foundation for entrepreneurs with sustained marketing cover had the government afforded preference to local industry.
- Online e-Bay stores – new mantra for punjab entrepreneurs: Manmeet Singh, 28, from Amritsar sells his chess boards globally as does a young entrepreneur from Jalandhar who sells sports equipment. They are among the 200-odd people who do good business sitting in their homes in Punjab, thanks to online market portal e-Bay.
- Syria invites India Inc to tap business potentials in energy, infra: New Delhi, June 18: Visiting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Wednesday invited Indian businessmen to tap the “enormous” potential in Areasm including the energy sector, offered by the Arab country, which has ushered in major economic reforms.
- ndia-origin CEOs-led small cos in Fortune list: Two companies led by India-origin Chief Executives have pushed themselves into the top 25 league in the list of America’s 100 fastest growing small public firms, compiled by Fortune magazine. The two technology firms Concur Technologies led by S Steven Singh and Ebix headed by Robin Raina are ranked at the 13th and 23rd places, respectively.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.