Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- NBMSME discusses special treatment to JK industry: Srinagar, July 6: The Union Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Minister, Mahabir Prasad, has assured that his ministry would look into various aspects of the problems faced by the entrepreneurs of JandK in order to approve for special treatment and priority to them under the existing schemes of MSME.
- IT options growing for SMEs: You could call it toys-for-boys, but it’s also turning into something more serious. Computer hardware is turning into a vital tool for small and mediu
- 7 grand challenges facing IT: I came across this report by Gartner while writing my previous post. It talks about major challenges faced by IT Industry that have not been resolved as yet. I am reproducing that report here for readers benefit.
- Fresh record for Indian inflation: Indian inflation reaches its latest record high as food, fuel, cement and steel prices continue to rise.
- Target small firms in Germany envoy tells India Inc: Ahmedabad, July 7 (IANS) Indian business can expand its footprint in Germany through buying out small and mid-sized German enterprises, the country’s consul general in Mumbai Walter Stechel said here.
- Firms using offshore servers to hide data: Investigative agencies are flummoxed by some business houses maintaining remote servers at foreign locations for digitally storing their transactions.
- alabot: Enabling human interaction with applications: Now this is a startup which I think really makes life easier for users. Pune based startup alabotaims to bring the power of natural language processing (NLP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to our regularly used applications like Instant Messengers and Mobile phones
- RBI asks banks to adhere to guidelines on SME credit – Hindu: Mumbai (PTI): Stopping short of censuring banks for harassing small and medium enterprise customers, the Reserve Bank on Tuesday asked lenders to follow rules laid down by it for advancing loans to SMEs
- HSBC India launches new product for small businesses: Mumbai, July 8 (IANS) Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp’s (HSBC) India unit Tuesday launched a new product, HSBC Direct, here for small businesses.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.