Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Small Business Financing: Looking for small business financing in Canada? This explanation of the different types of small business financing available includes the different types of debt financing and equity financing, with links to sources of small business loans.
- Register fro GST: Do you need to register for GST when you start a small business? This FAQ tells which businesses need to register for GST in Canada and which don’t – and explains why you might want to register for GST even if you don’t have to.
- Small Business Financing: Looking for small business financing? Most small business startups are funded by equity financing. Here are the most common sources of equity financing.
- Business Registration BC: Need to know the business name registration procedure for BC? This business registration BC guide explains how to register a sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation in BC (British Columbia), Canada.
- SME Definition: What is an SME (Small to Medium Enterprise)? That depends on who’s doing the defining, as this SME definition explains.
- SMALL BUSINESS 101: Vacation planning and the small business owner: As a small business owner, taking a much deserved break from your business can help refresh your interest, renew your determination and recharge your batteries. And, with a little advance planning, you can take that hard-earned vacation and keep your business running smoothly as well. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your time off.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.