Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- NRI to drive sales of Indian snacks: A Leicester-based Indian-origin entrepreneur is setting up a food factory in Gujarat as part of a novel idea to boost global sales of Indian snacks.
- Small IT firms open joint office in US: Five small InfoTech companies Monday took a small step towards having a physical presence in the US.
- Small Business owners not happy with US govt: Small business owners feel that Washington is doing little to help them in the difficult time they are facing.
- Trust vote: Independents unite for bargain: The “Independents and Small Parties Incorporated” shows that though Congress enjoys a lead in the numbers game, it is going to find the confidence vote quite tricky.
- Mukesh Ambani meets PM amidst demand for windfall tax: New Delhi, July 14 (IANS) Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) chairman Mukesh Ambani Monday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday amid calls for the imposition of a windfall profit tax (WPT) on private petroleum firms.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.