Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Sustainable Development: Sustainable development is a worthy goal for all small businesses. Here’s a definition of sustainable development and an explanation of why businesses should implement sustainable development policies.
- Small Business Tax Strategies: Operate a small business in Canada and think you’re paying too much income tax? Reduce your income tax with these eight small business tax strategies.
- Top Ways to Get Known: As a small business person, the more of a celebrity you become, the higher the fees you’ll be able to command. Learn how with these ten marketing strategies to get known.
- Business Phone Systems: Full featured business phone systems have traditionally been out of reach for small businesses but the smart new generation of small business phone systems have all of the features of their larger counterparts without the big business prices.
- Joint Venture Advantages: Properly chosen and implemented, joint ventures can be a great way for your small business to get in on opportunities (and profits) that otherwise you would miss out on. Learn why joint ventures are the best kind of partnerships and how you can start using joint ventures to grow your business.
- GST Definition: Definition of terms GST (Goods and Services Tax) and HST and how the GST and HST apply to Canadian small businesses.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.