Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Advisory Board: No business is too small to benefit from an Advisory Board and an Advisory Board can be a powerful management tool for your small business. Here’s how to set up and use an Advisory Board.
- Forms of Business Canada: Choosing the right form of business or business structure for your business is important because the form of business you choose will govern how your business is organized, how the money that flows in and out of your business is handled, and how your business is taxed. These resources will help you choose a business structure when you’re starting a small business in Canada.
- Business Financing Program: Whether you’re looking for new business financing or for financing for your established small business, the Canada Small Business Financing Program is a good deal. Here are the details of this federal small business loan program and how your Canadian small business can apply.
- Income Tax Deductions: What income tax deductions can you claim for business expenses relating to travel and attending conventions? See this page of this four part article on small business tax deductions for the answer.
- Airline disables credit card kiosks: Spurred by concerns over credit-card fraud, WestJet Airlines Ltd. said it will no longer allow travellers to use credit cards to check in at self-serve kiosks across the country.
- Color Laser Multifunctions: Multifunction color laser printers have long been only a dream to small and home businesses. Sure, being able to buy (and maintain) just one office machine, that would scan, copy, fax and print in quality color would be great – but who could afford it? But now multifunction color laser printers are finally affordable. Here are the best multifunction color laser printers for small businesses.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.