Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- RBI to issue final guidelines on mobile banking – Business Standard: TI / Mumbai July 25, 2008, 15:23 IST Reserve bank is likely to finalise guidelines on mobile banking within two weeks that would enable banks to roll-out mobile-based payment services to their customers, a senior RBI official said today.
- UK to tap NRIs to build bridges towards India: Britain’s trade officials have announced plans to recruit NRI businessmen to open and pursue trade opportunities in India.
- Valley industrialist feels inflation heat: A well know industrialist from Valley ended his life as he was unable to pay of his debt. The Federation Chamber of Industries Kashmir has expressed shock and anguish over the rising attempts of suicides by the local entrepreneurs who had suffered immense losses due to inflation and unprecedented price hike in steel and other items.
andnbsp;In an urgently called meeting of steel fabrication units held under the Chairmanship of President FCIK Shakeel Qalander.
- FCIK seeks total IT exemption for Valleyites: The Federation Chamber of Industries Kashmir (FCIK) has demanded total income tax exemption to the entrepreneurs, traders and service class of Kashmir valley and other backward districts of the state for a period of 15 years on the pattern of Ladakh.
andnbsp;The demand was made at a meeting between the senior officials of income tax department comprising chief commissioner Mr Chopra, commissioner Jandamp;K state Virendra Singh, Additional Commissioner Kashmir
- Proto.in SE, An Event for Indian Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: Proto.in will witness a rare amalgamation of the entire entrepreneurial ecosystem. In keeping with its mantra of being a platform for start-ups, Proto.in, has moved to a different level of experience altogether in this edition.
- IndiaMART.com nominated among the top three at Emerging India Awards 2008: – IndiaMART.com nominated for India’s Biggest Business Awards for Small and Medium Enterprises – Stands tall amongst the top three positions in the Trading (non-retail) category – India’s largest initiative for Small and Medium Enterprises goes to London for the first time
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.