Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- Indian business frets on political climate: To the opposition parties and activists who had set up camp outside Tata Motors’ factory in Singur, West Bengal, the state government’s decision to award more land to farmers resisting the plant was a watershed. ‘This is a historical victory,’ said Dinesh Trivedi, a senior figure in opposition party Mamata Banerjee. ‘Mamata Banerjee will emerge as the leader of the farmers all across India. You cannot have industrialisation on the bloodstains of poor people.’
- The new ‘intrapreneurs‘: Staff with entrepreneurial spirit, dubbed intrapreneurs, are becoming ever more important to businesses…
- Entrepreneurship & Small Business Promotion Programmes by MEA: Entrepreneurship & Small Business Promotion commencing from Jan. 05 – Feb. 13, 2009 which is sponsored by Ministry of External Affairs Government of India under ITEC / SCAAP Programme and will be organized at EDI Campus.
- India SME Workforce Going Global: The country’s increasingly mobile workforce is becoming dependent on cell phones and laptop computers
- SMS 2.0 + Seasrch = Killer App!: If there is any doubt that SMS is the single most popular feature on a mobile phone then this post is not for you. If there isn’t any doubt then yes, SMS is the single most popular feature on the mobile phone. After mobile phone, SMS is the best thing to happen to India. It is called as texting in some countries.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.