Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Forms of Business Canada: Choosing the right form of business or business structure for your business is important because the form of business you choose will govern how your business is organized, how the money that flows in and out of your business is handled, and how your business is taxed. These resources will help you choose a business structure when you’re starting a small business in Canada.
- Motivation Definition: What is motivation? This motivation definition explains and provides resources for small business owners who want to improve their motivation.
- Small business interrupted: It was a nightmare business owners don’t want to think about — a three-alarm fire, a destroyed building and months of waiting to reopen.
- Media Advisory – Ontario kicks off salute to Small Business Month: TORONTO, Sept. 30 – Harinder Takhar, Minister of Small Business and Consumer Services, will kick off Salute to Small Business Month at the Ontario Investment and Trade Centre in Toronto. Joining Minister Takhar will be Carissa Reiniger, President of Silver Lining Ltd., a successful Ontario-based small business that helps other businesse…..
- Insurance described as risk management for small businesses: Every business owner knows insurance is a fundamental part of doing business. What many may not know are the omissions that can blindside you if you don’t do your due diligence when shopping for business insurance.
- How to build a killer small business website: The Internet has proved a powerful equalizer for small businesses. But entrepreneurs can’t just build Web sites these days — they have to build great ones that truly snag viewers and turn them into paying customers.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.