Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Ontario salutes innovative green business: TORONTO, Oct. 10 – Minister of Small Business and Consumer Services Harinder Takhar will tour the facility of Icynene, the leading manufacturer of green spray foam insulation products designed to help create healthier, quieter, and more energy-efficient homes. << Date: Friday, October 10, 2008 Time:…..
- CFIB to do weekly economic surveys on small business views: Toronto – Due to the wide-spread problems and uncertainty in economies throughout the world, the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) announced today it has begun conducting the first of a series of six weekly economic surveys on small business views in this country. The results of the first survey will be released nationally this coming Thursday, with the other five results being released a week apart.
- Market madness’ dominating business talk: Small business is growing pessimistic as the turmoil in the investment banking sector spreads, according to a new survey by the Canadian Federation of Independent Business.
- Small-business pessimism highest since 9/11: OTTAWA — Current financial-market turmoil and economic uncertainty have left small-business owners feeling even more pessimistic than they were in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in the U.S., according to a new survey.
- Small business owners optimistic in tense times, bank survey finds: Despite the economic turmoil and recessionary fears sweeping the world, most small business owners in B.C. are optimistic about the coming year.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance: A definition of errors and omissions insurance and related business insurance resources for Canadian small business owners.
- Document Management: You can put the basics of a document management system in place without purchasing any special software or going through wholesale document imaging. Your document management system doesn’t have to be complex; you just have to invest some time in planning and implementing it. Here’s how to create and implement a document management plan for small business.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.