Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- HSBC Says Indonesia Purchase to Tap Small Business ‘Sweet Spot‘: Oct. 22 (Bloomberg) — HSBC Holdings Plc. , the world’s second-largest bank by value, said its $607.5 million purchase of an Indonesian lender will help it tap small and medium-sized enterprises in Asia’s third-most populated nation.
- Ministers move to help small business: Gordon Brown has revamped operations at the heart of Downing Street, moving cabinet ministers and civil servants into one “war room”, as part of a government effort to manage the economic downturn. On the first full day of operations in the new open-plan office, the government yesterday announced new measures to help small businesses, which employ 15 million people in the UK, with cash flow …
- Oracle targets small firms in the north for business: Oracle India Private Ltd, the Indian subsidiary of the world’s largest enterprise software company, is scouting for business opportunities in the small- and medium-scale business outfits in north India.
- Getting SMBs Acquainted With BPO: Good news for the economy: Small business outsourcing has gone mainstream thanks to the increased use of automation technology — computers, software and the Internet powering cost-efficient outside service provider teams. Bad news for outsourcing service providers: Small and mid-sized businesses are proving to be slow on the uptake.
- Hottest Indian Startups: This portal or search engine will help people to find and locate reliable businesses, write reviews and share their experiences. It is a community based search engine/ portal for the small businesses. Users can also post classifieds in …
- Finance and Business Articles I Small Business Clubs: Is it Time…: Many people are now leaving their current jobs to start their own business as the Indian market floods with small business franchise opportunities. In India each day the economy is expanding which is leading many people to the different …
- ‘Early’ birds will catch the VC buck:Oct. 19: The gloom and doom of present times will certainly pause venture capital inflows into the country but there is heartening news for entrepreneurs as well. Falling stock markets are eroding valuations, making investments attractive.
- Small guy’s saviour?: Bengaluru, Oct. 21: The stock market volatility may be giving you sleepless nights. And if you don’t know what to buy-hold-sell, or who to seek advice from, you may not need to search beyond a Bengaluru-based start-up which offers online help tailored for the individual, small investor.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.