Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Canada small business optimism sliding – survey: TORONTO, Oct 30 (Reuters) – A weekly survey of Canadian small-business owners shows that optimism is falling and now hovers near depths reached in August 1990, when the country was in recession.
- Small business betrayed by WSIB legislation on mandatory coverage: Toronto – Minister of Labour Peter Fonseca, yesterday introduced the WSIB mandatory coverage legislation in the Ontario Legislature. Today it will be pushed into second reading.
- Business Idea Of The Week: Special Events Videos: If you enjoy making videos of family gatherings and special occasions then you should consider this business idea. Many people choose to hire someone to film the event so that they can concentrate on participating in it. Once you have the equipment needed you could cover any type of event, ranging from corporate functions to band gigs and weddings.
- Small business: Chasing credit: Finding cash for small businesses just got a whole lot harder.
- What We Can Learn From Award Winning Young Entrepreneurs: The Business Development Bank of Canada’s (BDC) 2008 Young Entrepreneur Award winners were honoured last week (October 21st) at a ceremony in Vancouver, and they certainly are an impressive group….
- E-commerce tech terms you should know: Transacting business over the Internet means having a decent grasp of how things work, and more importantly, why they don’t.
- Mayoral Candidates Supportive of Small Business Sector: Vancouver – A survey released today of 29 BC municipalities shows that the vast majority are committed to reducing the property tax discrepancies between business and residential properties, keeping operating
- Best Small Business Ideas for Tough Times: Belt tightening is always bad news for small businesses. But small businesses do not suffer equally in tough economic times; while some will be hit severely, other small businesses will…
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.