Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- Cash – strapped: Small firms in India come under pressure
- ‘Business’09 – Win £10,000′ Competition And Unleash It! Challenge Goes Live.: Winweb launches it’s long anticipated ‘Business’09 – Win £10,000‘ campaign for small business and pre-entrepreneurs. The launch coincides with Global Entrepreneurship Week and Enterprise Week 2008. The finalists and winners will be announced during the same events next year.
- GEDA to conduct energy audits of 1,000 SMEs by March 2009: AHMEDABAD: As part of its energy conservation programme, state-run Gujarat Energy Development Agency (GEDA) has projected to conduct energy audits of over 1,000 small and medium enterprises (SMEs) by March 2009, in the state.
- India’s Premier MSME Business Plan Challenge-Sankalp 2009: India Development Gateway (IDG), an innovative online portal, announced the launch of its first nationwide MSME (micro, small and medium enterprise) business plan challenge- Sankalp 2009
- Bharti Wal-Mart joins hands with Government of Punjab to launch…: Bharti Wal-Mart Private Limited is a business-to-business (B2B) joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and Wal-Mart for wholesale cash-and-carry and back-end supply chain management operations in India to serve smallretailers,
- AMD launches 45-nm processor: The newest processor from the AMD stable, the 45nm quad-core Opteron, until recently codenamed ‘Shanghai’, was launched in Bengaluru on Thursday, simultaneously with its global launch and, in fact, much ahead of the launch date that AMD had announced earlier — Q1 of 2009. Some 25 global computer OEMs are expected to offer Enterprise and SMB customers system configurations based on the new processor by the end of the year.
- NRI entrepreneurs have higher credit rating: Indian-origin British entrepreneurs are more successful in securing credit and finance due to their higher credibility rating compared the other businessmen, latest industry research shows.
- India seeks Chinese investment in developing tourism infra: India today sought investment from Chinese entrepreneurs to develop tourist infrastructure in the country.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.