Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Delegate or Outsource – If You Want Your Business To Grow: As a small business grows, and as the scale at which a task is done increases, you have to find ways to get the time to focus on the bigger picture. If you don’t, you will get caught up in myriad routine activities, and can’t progress on strategic areas of…
- Sun Life Financial offers big benefits fro small business Exclusive group insurance coverage offered to CFIB members in Atlantic Canada: Halifax – Sun Life Financial Group Benefits announced today it has entered into a new agreement with the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) to offer group insurance coverage to its members in Atlantic Canada. The plan will be available exclusively to all CFIB members regardless of size.
- CRTC ruling not the last word on Net neutrality: The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission last week issued its much-anticipated ruling on the legality of Internet throttling, a controversial practice employed by some Internet service providers that reduces speeds for certain applications. The Canadian Association of Internet Providers, which represents smaller, independent ISPs, filed a complaint with the CRTC over Bell’s practices earlier this year.
- Increase Christmas Sales by Gifting Your Customers: The competition for Christmas shopping dollars is fierce, so small retailers really have to go the extra mile to bring in Christmas sales. Here are five ideas for gifting your…
- The Power of LinkedIn and The Speed of Trust: LinkedIn is without a doubt the most powerful “Speed of Trust” tool ever invented in the history of the world, and I think modern entrepreneurs and business people who learn how to fully utilize its capabilities and help others in their network t…
- Leading Mexican Bank Selects VideoSphere Managed Services Offering: OTTAWA, Nov. 24 /CNW Telbec/ – March Networks(R) (TSX:MN), a leading provider of intelligent IP video and business analysis applications, announced today that a major financial institution in Mexico has selected the Company’s
- Don’t Let Your Business Go to the Dogs: Making a sale is not just about price; it’s about the whole salesperson-customer interaction. You may say all the right things and still lose the sale because something you’ve done or the way you looked has turned the customer off.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.
Hat-tips to: Susan Ward