Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from the United States:
- Will the Grinch Steal Christmas From Store Owners? Facing grim economic news, many consumers are shortening their holiday shopping lists this year. And store owners across the country are worried. So why are online retailers full of holiday cheer?
- Viking Direct/Office Depot and WinWeb Announce Exclusive Strategic Alliance to Help Small Business. Leicester / London (UK), December 2, 2008 Viking Direct – part of Office Depot, a leading global provider of office products and services – together with WinWeb, the leading on-demand small business infrastructure provider, announced that they have entered into an exclusive strategic alliance to provide Viking Direct’s small business customers with access to WinWeb’s OnlineOffice™ product.Viking Direct has been granted exclusive rights by WinWeb to offer OnlineOffice™ in the office supplies sector in the UK.
- VoIP Small Business Phone Systems: VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is a sophisticated communication technique offering improved and cost-effective communication solutions. This high end telephone system eliminates most of the commu
- Small Stores Find Ways to Drum Up Traffic:With fewer people out buying, some small businesses are doing whatever they think will draw in customers.
- New site highlights small businesses: Austin City Council Member Sheryl Cole on Tuesday announced the launch of a new program designed to draw attention to local small businesses.
- SBA names Burnsville man to regional board: The U.S. Small Business Administration has named a small-business owner from Burnsville as the chairman of its Region V Regulatory Fairness Board.
- Verint Systems’ Audiolog Solution Secures Avaya DevConnect Compliant Award: Verint Systems Inc. announced that its Audiolog call recording and quality assurance solution for public safety organizations and small- to medium-sized business (SMB) contact centers has received a n
- The Pop-Up Store: A Smart Idea for Frugal Times: With retail space aplenty, one entrepreneur is cutting downturn deals to stoke sales during the holiday season.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.