Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from the United Kingdom and Ireland:
- Online storage start-up pitches ‘USB stick on the internet‘: Livedrive.com is offering small businesses a simpler way to create online back-ups of their files and data.…
- ‘Nasty’ Tories failing to support economic reforms: Gordon Brown today announced measures to help homebuyers and small businesses as he claimed that the Conservatives’ refusal to support his economic policies showed why they were seen as the ”nasty party”.The prime minister used a Commons statement on las…
- Beware of the festive fraudsters: Fraud is booming and small businesses are being warned that the crime could cost them more than £100m this Christmas
- Super Micro targets server at small businesses: The SuperServer 5035L-iB mini-tower server is priced at 20 to 30 percent lower than the company’s typical enterprise systems
- HP to offer Suse desktop Linux to small businesses: The company will offer Novell’s Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop to business and education customers, and will expand its virtualised browsing software
- Rural firms are suffering in silence this Christmas: The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) is today expressing concern that rural businesses are becoming the silent victims of the credit crunch this Christmas.
- Scottish businesses facing up to deepening recession: SCOTTISH businesses experienced a deepening of the economic downturn in November, figures from the Federation of Small Businesses have revealed.
- Banks ‘to help’ small businesses: The banking industry says it will help small business customers in difficulty during the economic downturn
- UK Treasury advances plan for small business loan guarantee: The Treasury is leaning towards a plan to securitise billions of pounds in business loans in an attempt to kick-start the wholesale lending markets.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.