Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Canada’s top SMB employers: What does it take to create the best Canadian workplaces in small and medium business?
- The sports fix: Potential customers were slow to grasp Integran’s nanotechnology applications — until they got their hands on a new kind of golf club
- Cell Phone/Texting While Driving More States Considering Bans: As a small business owner, you probably run your business well outside of an 8-to-5 workday. You work at your desk, at your dining room table, and probably even in your car. But legislatures all over the country are considering a ban on handheld cell phone…
- WinWeb Celebrates 15 Years Helping Small Business & Home Business: WinWeb was founded 15 years ago in 1994, with the vision that the Internet and the World-Wide-Web (WWW) would transform the way micro businesses will be started and run.
- Resolved to Start a Small Business: If one of the things you’ve decided to do this year is start a small business but you don’t know quite where to start or know what you want to…
- Cost-Cutting Storage Strategies for Small Businesses: As data relentlessly accumulates, small businesses need to find ways to store and protect. We take a look at cost-saving strategies and new technology on the immediate horizon.
- Starving small business: Some business owners and managers on the York University campus say they have experienced a drastic slump in sales since the strike started on Nov. 6
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.