Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Federal Budget 2009 Aid for Canadian Small Business: The Canadian federal budget 2009 is a masterful attempt to give something to everyone – including Canadian small businesses. And almost all Canadian small businesses will be able to benefit…
- Netbook or Smart Phone?: What to consider when choosing one for your small business.
- Home Office and Small Business Save Over 75% On Essential IT Spend.: We all understand how online software can bring about a massive saving in IT spend. Using this technology, currently labelled ‘cloud computing’, has other benefits for small business too. Some solutions maximize savings by tailoring their offering to a special market. You can spend £15 /month on accounting software alone or get much much more for 20 % less spend – the savings are out there you just need to look.
- President Signs Bill to Expand Title VII Pay Discrimination Claims: In a decision that could prove harmful to small business, President Barack Obama signed into law the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 last week. NFIB had fought this ill-conceived piece of legislation, as it stands to impose a significant financial bur…
- The Voice of Small Business: Where’s the Help for Small Businesses? All across America these past few weeks, in media outlets large and small, you’ve hearing and reading stories about the significant challenges small business owners face as the recession hits the single largest sector of our economy.
- HP Offers Interest-Free, Buy-or-Lease Financing: Zero-percent financing and programs that include buy or lease options may give small businesses a way to invest and grow in tough times
- WinWeb Offers Low Price Guarantee To Small Businesses & Home Offices.: Winweb offers all small business owners a low price guarantee on it’s OnlineOffice product, resulting in savings of over 75% on essential small business IT spend. In real numbers this means a saving of over $1,100 for US small businesses and over £680 for UK small businesses.
- A little TLC can save the day: Small operations neglect customers at their peril, especially as the economy goes south
- Small Business Backs Tax Amnesty Plan as a Lifeline for Main Street: ”When the General Assembly convened in January, NFIB urged policy makers to move cautiously when considering legislation that would impact the small business community. Taxes, red tape and government mandates can make running a small business a very diffi…
- 100,00 small firms tipped to fail: MORE than 100,000 small- and medium-sized enterprises could hit the wall this year as banks tighten their lending requirements.
- The Great Small Businesses Snub:Will the massive new stimulus bill leave entrepreneurs in the lurch?
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.