Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Recession is ideal time to invest in technology: With client and customer demands waning for small businesses as the economy lumbers along, this may be the moment to put down time to good use.
- Firms fear demise of cheques: The end of the cheque is nigh, and small businesses will be among those that feel its demise the hardest
- Flowtown launches despite the Recession to Get Profits Flowing for Small Businesses: SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 19 /CNW/ – Serial entrepreneur Ethan Bloch today announced the launch of Flowtown, a consulting company based in San Francisco, CA with offices in Moncton, NB, that optimizes the online presence of small
- Finding Your Niche: The ability to clearly differentiate yourself from your competition is the key to long-term survival as an entrepreneur. Otherwise you end up competing on price, and that’s hard to do against larger competitors. In this excerpt from his book, “The Eng…
- Smoothing the way to Self-Employment: In harder times like these, self-employment can seem a tempting option for many laid-off workers.
- Accountants Holden Associates Launch Free Website For Each Client To Help Small Business In The UK: Today we are pleased to announce FREE websites for all our small business, contractors & home business clients.
- Small businesses caught in web of possibilities: There are a lot of “re” words associated with recession – re-thinking, re-tooling, re-positioning and re-shuffling
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.