Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- Business feature: Center helps business (Clovis News Journal): When Dr. Jayashree Sinha decided she wanted to start a medical practice, a friend suggested going to the Small Business Development Center at Clovis Community College.
- Small cos look beyond banks: March 10: Small businesses in Europe are failing for want of sums that in terms of national economies — or even some bankers’ pensions — amount to small change.
- RBI plans to start housing starts index: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is planning to set up a housing start-up index for which it may set up a committee to launch this initiative and monitor its progress, it said on Thursday.
- TiE launches Stree Shakti to empower women entrepreneurs across India (New Kerala): Mumbai, Mar 10 (Business Wire India): The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE), the world’s largest non-profit network of entrepreneurs and professionals dedicated to the advancement of entrepreneurship, announced today the launch of India’s first Women Entrepreneurship platform – TiE Stree Shakti (TSS).
- Rise of an entrepreneurial India (SiliconIndia) : Chairman, SiliconIndia.com & MetricStream. As I reflect on the opportunities for India Inc, having been personally a part of the last 15 years of entrepreneurial wave, I believe India’s future lies in the hands of the entrepreneurs!
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.