Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Franchise definition: A definition of franchise and franchise resources for small business owners.When people speak of franchises, they are usually referring to business format franchises. Such a franchise is essentially a business clone.
- Color Laser Multifunctions: Multifunction color laser printers have long been only a dream to small and home businesses. Sure, being able to buy (and maintain) just one office machine, that would scan, copy, fax and print in quality color would be great – but who could afford it? But now multifunction color laser printers are finally affordable. Here are the best multifunction color laser printers for small businesses.
- Time Limit On Business Records: How long you have to keep business records after filing your income tax return. Part of the income tax FAQ for Canadian small businesses.
- The Self-Employment Program: If you’re starting a business and looking for small business grants in Canada, you have to check out the federal government’s Self-Employment Program. It’s one of the best small business grants in Canada, providing business start up money and so much more for those who qualify. Find out what the Self-Employment Program offers and if it’s for you in this article.
- What You Need To Succeed: Anyone can start a business. But not just anyone can start a successful business. Here are the resources you need to start a small business with staying power, from business knowledge through business start up money. Where can you find the money to start a business?
- Corporate Income Tax Form: Answer to the question of whether or not you need to file a T1 income tax form if your business is incorporated. Part of the income tax FAQ for Canadian small businesses.
- Starting A Small Business: Thinking of starting a small business? Not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur. See if you have the necessary abilities you need to succeed before you start your own business.
- Find an Accountant: The services of a good accountant can be invaluable to your small business. But how do you find a good accountant? These tips for finding a good accountant will help.
- Experience matters: Investors have more confidence in execs with business scars, says Dan MacDonald, president and CEO of Halifax-based InNOVAcorp
- Takeover helps company meet its Target: California Innovations lands the contract it needs and corners the market on soft-sided coolers by buying out its main rival
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.