Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from the Canada:
- In search of the next new thing: Having others run the company plays to his creative strengths – and this trend spotter says getting older shouldn’t hurt the process
- There’s more to green IT than good public relations: Saving money is reason enough for companies big and small
- Praise floods in for inventor of sandbag machine: The punishing work of filling sandbags has been made quick and efficient by an energetic 79-year-old Manitoban who was driven ‘to improve the process’
- Business Expenses and your Canadian Small Business: A lot of the email I get this time of year asks about business expenses. “Can I deduct this on my income tax?” “What about this? Is it a legitimate…
- Business Start Up Money: How are you going to get the business start up money you need to take your new business from idea to success? This rundown of where to look for the start up money you need and the most popular sources of business start up money, including sources of business start up loans, will help.
- How to Set (The Right) Prices: How much to charge for products or services is one of those questions that bedevils new and experienced entrepreneurs alike. The old adage is that something is worth whatever the…
- Editorial (Taxes): Sweet Harmony:Ontario took some hard knocks for harmonizing the provincial sales tax with the GST. But it was the right thing to do.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.