Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- Smb growth in India still robust: Cisco: April 14: There is no big tapering off of demand among Indian small and medium sized companies, technology giant Cisco says. While the business pie is not expanding at a furious pace, which used to be the case a year ago, the networking solutions provider reports “robust growth”.
- Why inferior Chinese goods enter India : KOLKATA: China today said that lack of regulations in the country (China) is facilitating entry of sub-standard goods into the Indian market. “Small business (small entrepreneurs) from India frequently travel to China and source cheap goods from small rural manufacturers (there).
- Intuit Woos Small Firms Amid Slump: Intuit Chief Executive Brad Smith is dealing with a twist to the usual recession pattern in part by taking some products as low as they can go — to free.
- New community network for SBs – CIOL News Reports: BizBuySell.com’s new interactive Community will serve as a forum for experts and business brokers to answer questions from small business owners and potential business buyers.
- MyTradeBook.com, a Free B2B Marketplace for SMBs, B2B Marketplace…: There are many SMBs (Small and Medium Businesses) that have products & services with global appeal, but are constrained with limited marketing budgets, which is more prominent in the current economic scenario. … The tool will be initially launched in India and United Kingdom followed by other English speaking countries and major world economies. Amalgamating the concepts of business networking and B2B marketplace, this unique tool allows users to join as well as create
- Growth of SMB robust: April 14: There is no big tapering off of demand among Indian small and medium sized companies, technology giant Cisco says. While the business pie is not expanding at a furious pace, which used to be the case a year ago, the networking solutions provider reports “robust growth”.
- ecommerce in India – payment Gateway – Startups in India ...: ecommerce in India – review of payment gateways transactions (credit card transactions/debit card). Affordability of payment gateways in india. … It’s now part of their business model. Matrimony and Job portals are service sector companies and have huge margins. They also don’t have immediate need for the money and can opt for conventional modes of payment. Moreover, they have also done a good job of setting up the physical network for collecting money from people who …
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.