Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Oil-change franchisee needs a turbo boost: Expert advice for a franchise owner who is trying to compete with a larger national chain. The recession may be a blessing in disguise as car owners keep their old wheels on the road longer
- Small Business Financing: Looking for small business financing? Most small business startups are funded by equity financing. Here are the most common sources of equity financing.
- Business Number Definition: A definition of business number and an explanation of how to get a business number for Canadian small business owners.
- Top Ways to Get Known: As a small business person, the more of a celebrity you become, the higher the fees you’ll be able to command. Learn how with these ten marketing strategies to get known.
- Retail Sales Tax (RST) And...: An outline of the process of charging, collecting, and remitting retail sales tax (RST) in Ontario, using the example of a small retail business. This provincial sales tax explanation also applies to small businesses in BC, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- Small Business Financing: Looking for small business financing in Canada? This explanation of the different types of small business financing available includes the different types of debt financing and equity financing, with links to sources of small business loans.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.