Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- Indian firms turn to software-as-a-service (ZDNet Asia): Local startups and small businesses deploy hosted business applications to avoid incurring heavy capital expenditure and having to hire IT professionals.
- India SMBs to spend US$1.04B on networking in ’09: BANGALORE, INDIA: India small and medium businesses (SMBs or companies with up to 999 employees) are on track to spend US$1.04 billion on networking products and services this year, up by 11 per cent over 2008. Medium businesses (MBs or companies with 100 to 999 employees) will be generating a major portion of this spending accounting for nearly 59 per cent of the total SMB networking expenditure.
- New Business Network WARP Launches Small Business Trends: Hyderabad, India (PRESS RELEASE – May 6, 2009) – It wasn’t just the need for a small business network that ultimately led to the launch of professional business.
- Alibaba plans 6b yuan loan scheme for SMEs: Posted by B2B Portal India at 10:28 PM | Wednesday, May 06, 2009. E-commerce giant enlists support of eight leading banks. Mainland e-commerce giant Alibaba.com, backed by eight of the country’s largest banks, plans to helpsmall domestic … Alibaba Group founder, chairman and chief executive Jack Ma Yun earlier described the loan scheme as a means to use the economic crisis to change how the banks lent money to small businesses, saying it was a “first step in creating …
- 73% of micro, small and medium enterprises in India have their own websites Survey: According to a survey jointly conducted by Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and eStatsIndia, 73 per cent of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in India have their own websites, while 99 per cent of MSMEs use online B2B (business to business) marketplaces to generate business.
- Alibaba Group Launches Business Software Company; B2B MarketPlace: B2B MarketPlace News, Business to BusinessPortal News, Online Marketplace India · Alibaba Group Launches Business Software Company. May 11, 2009 at 5:53 am · Filed under B2B News ·Tagged portal, news, B2B, Search, Market, Leads. Alisoft to leverage Alibaba.com’s relationships with more than 18 million l- and medium-sized enterprises; Web-based business model a breakthrough for China’s software industry. Shanghai, China, January 8, 2007 – Alibaba Group, …
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.