Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from the United States:
- Summer interns can’t just be free labour: The idea of hiring unpaid interns this summer has become very appealing to small business owners contending with a difficult economy.
- Obama calls small businesses key to economy: President Barack Obama says the nation’s small businesses are responsible for half of the nation’s private sector jobs and deserve support from Washington.
- 10GB Disk Online – Easy & secure web access to your hard disk online – anywhere and any time.
- SBA offering car dealers help: The U.S. Small Business Administration announced Thursday afternoon that it will offer financing for auto dealer inventory starting July 1.
- New Guidance for Small Businesses Looking to Cash In on The Work Opportunity Tax Credit: In the same week the nation celebrated those who died in our service, the Internal Revenue Service announced expanded guidance for tax credits to businesses that hire unemployed veterans.
- To Get a Business Loan, Know How the Bank Thinks: Smaller banks tend to be less formulaic than larger institutions in evaluating loans to small businesses, and that may work in the business owner’s favor.
- Training entrepreneurs to save cities: In the midst of a struggling economy, the Small Business Administration is hoping to create jobs and generate wealth in hard-hit urban communities by boosting small-business growth through its Emerging 200 initiative.
- More small-business owners report having cash-flow problems: WASHINGTON — Nearly half of all small-business owners have experienced cash-flow problems during the past three months, according to a survey conducted in May by Rasmussen Reports for Discover Business Card.
- House agrees with small business tax cut: AUSTIN, Texas — The Texas House has voted to agree with the Senate and give a tax break to 40,000 small businesses.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.