Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from India:
- Need a loan, know your bank better: May 28: To hear some small-business owners talk, getting a loan remains all but impossible. And yet, many bankers claim that their small-business loan volume is up significantly. So, is the small-business credit crisis over or not?
- Govt to focus on sectors hit by crisis: President: Expecting the economy to slow down in the current fiscal amid global recession, President Pratibha Patil on Thursday said the new government will focus on adversely-affected sectors like infrastructure, exports, SMEs, and housing to restore the growth momentum.
- D-Link leads Ethernet switch port shipments in ’08: D-Link, the end-to-end networking solutions provider for consumer and business, led worldwide Ethernet small enterprise switch port shipments in 2008, according to a recent report by Gartner.
- SMB Salary Survey Results from SMB PC Magazine: Has a four-year undergraduate degree; Has been in the IT industry for 15+ years; Has worked in the SMB segment for 9 to 12 years; Is located in the USA (83.5%) but could be in Canada, Ireland, Australia, India, Germany, the Netherlands ….Our salary survey had over 225 respondents (worldwide SMB Nation tribal members) in late April 2009; the Microsoft 2009 SMB Insight Report is based on 603 Small Business Specialist (SBSC) interviews in the US, the UK, Canada, France, …
- HP helps SMBs save time and money – CIOL News Reports: Conficker enters attack mode in India. Enterprise Optimization Series. Bringing together the CIOs and Solution providers to explore new & unique ways of “Aligning IT investments with BusinessBenefits”. Know More.. SMB Central for SMBs … PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA: HP has expanded its Total Care initiative for small and midsize businesses (SMBs) with several new products, solutions and services that reduce costs, improve productivity and enhance efficiency. …
- Academy Online – OnlineOffice Academy is constantly updated to offer you the latest tips & tricks.
- HDI certifications for the support industry comes to India: SmBusSurvival Shop Local and save. Support small business. Consume where you live and watch your local economy recover faster. jobssouthFL Entry Level Acct Consultant -Business Development: Details: Description: Enterprise Solutions …
- SME: Ecosysrtem in India: The Indian SME continues to lack the spark and luster. A mechanism has to be found to help overcome the challenges
- Govt to address credit needs of small units: The government will address the credit needs of the tiny and small firms, while a separate fund for enterprises in the unorganised sector is proposed, new Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Dinsha Patel said after taking charge.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.