Here is this week’s news round-up for home business, micro business, sole-traders, freelancers, self-employed and any one who is interested in small business news from Canada:
- Business, consumers take brighter view of future: British Columbia may still be in the grip of a recession, but there are growing signs that consumers and small businesses are starting to develop a brighter outlook for the future.
- 7 Ways to Control Chaos in Your Small Business: “I know it’s here somewhere.” “I’ll have to get back to you about that.” “Where’s that _____?”Sound familiar? If so, chaos has crept into your small business – and is probably busy spreading throughout your organization like a virus. Disorganization and confusion are irritating, but they’re also just plain bad for business.
- How To Get a Business Loan: Looking for a small business loan? Increase your chances of securing a small business loan by having these documents ready to go with your business loan application.
- Always be on time, wherever you’re supposed to be.
- Should you Incorporate?: Many small businesses think of incorporating, but there are incorporation advantages and disadvantages. Here’s an outline of the advantages of incorporating your small business.
GST Registration: This guide to GST in Canada for Canadian small businesses covers GST registration, the small supplier GST exception, Input Tax Credits, GST HST reporting, how GST works, and why you might want to register for the GST even if you don’t have to.
As always this list is not exhaustive, but I hope it will give you a little overview. — ST.