If you are sat at home this weekend contemplating starting your own small / micro home business or becoming a self-employed freelancer / sole trader then here are ten quick-fire business ideas to use as a starting point.
- A video editing site marketing to families looking for an easy way to frame their special videos, share, and comment.
- A grocery auction site to bid for items online and only go to the store to pick them up.
- A self cleaning microphone for use in public venues.
- A newsletter for people laid off of their jobs.
- Something which ties up all the cords around hard drives and other equipment.
- Netflix, but for books (or e-books). You pay a monthly fee for a subscription and get access to any book.
- Design a range of stickers for decorating casts.
- A shareable, open source address book.
- A high-quality food delivery service, offering a few fixed meals.
- Start your own TV show on Ustream, offering useful content.
I hope this will inspire you to start your own business, but if you need further encouragement take a look at our competition – ST.