If you are sat at home this weekend contemplating starting your own small / micro home business or becoming a self-employed freelancer / sole trader then here are ten quick-fire business ideas to use as a starting point.
- A spin class where attendees select the music & routine before the class.
- Open an macramé shop to try and bring back the 1970s.
- A place (perhaps a trendy bar?) where you can go and pop bubble wrap.
- Design your own custom running shoes.
- Import antique soviet weapons and sell them via mail order.
- Online brand monitoring – help companies manage their online reputation.
- Environmentally friendly toothbrushes.
- A service that holds art shows in unused buildings.
- Cinema booth that tells you where else movies are playing if they are sold out.
- Online game shows that allow massively multiplayer interaction with at least 100 players simultaneously.
I hope this will inspire you to start your own business, but if you need further encouragement take a look at our competition – ST.