The top 5 tips weekly post gives hints and tips to small, home & micro business owners.
- Future-proofing: Make your business website available everywhere by getting a mobile (.mobi) domain name.
- Avoid spammers: Don’t post your own e-mail address publicly on your website because spam bots will find it. Instead, have a corporate e-mail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Protect your brand: Register domain names related to your company before a competitor does it on your behalf. This should include common misspellings.
- Become the brand: Have a page about yourself on the company website and call it a ‘Founder’s Profile’. Clients and prospects want to know who they are doing business with – transparency is key, especially in the online arena.
- Get social: Join the three major social networking sites – LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. WinWeb offers personalised Twitter marketing as part of our BusinessServices.