If you are sat at home this weekend contemplating starting your own small / micro home business or becoming a self-employed freelancer / sole trader then here are ten quick-fire business ideas to use as a starting point.
- A place to meet with others to play board games and eat & drink – like a coffee house, but with a focus on board games.
- Skydiving for executives – a company focusing on team building through skydiving.
- An online carpooling service for your local area.
- A tool library – for a subscription fee, local people can get access to various tools whenever they are needed.
- A company bringing workout equipment and trainers to offices during lunch hour.
- Luggage with in-built RFID chips.
- An iPhone app that shows you what green businesses are nearby.
- Designated driver – a company that sends someone to drive you and your car home if you are intoxicated.
- Garage sale marketing and promotion service.
- Coach other people on how to use the blogging platform to share their ideas and teachings.
I hope this will inspire you to start your own business, but if you need further encouragement take a look at our competition – ST.