If you are sat at home this weekend contemplating starting your own small / micro home business or becoming a self-employed freelancer / sole trader then here are ten quick-fire business ideas to use as a starting point.
- A budget travel company where you stay at people’s houses.
- Employee monitoring service providing detailed reports of online and offline activity.
- Webcam and Skype set-up and installation service for seniors.
- A company specialising in renting out school premises during holiday time.
- Front door cleaning service.
- A service where you stand in the queue for something on behalf of the customer.
- Make your own batch of whiskey (NB: this takes twelve years!).
- Franchise business consulting and advice.
- A seasonal company that digs your car out of the snow and gets it started.
- An exclusive trend of the month club for all the cool people.
I hope this will inspire you to start your own business, but if you need further encouragement take a look at our competition – ST.