If you are sat at home this weekend contemplating starting your own small / micro home business or becoming a self-employed freelancer / sole trader then here are ten quick-fire business ideas to use as a starting point.
- Develop a desk-mounted lighting system designed for video chat.
- Networked home alarm system so neighbours can keep each other safe from break-in.
- Helping local papers to develop a social media presence.
- Become a technology scout for large corporations looking for acquisitions.
- Create book trailers for small publishers to display on YouTube.
- Offer a professional critique of other people’s ideas / startups.
- A non-profit venture that aims to document the lives of elderly people by collating their stories.
- Online counseling program via webcam.
- A store selling custom inflatables for special occasions.
- Use performance art as an advertising medium!
I hope this will inspire you to start your own business, but if you need further encouragement take a look at our competition – ST.