The top 5 tips weekly post is always full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
- Immediately unplug the infected computer from your network. If you suspect it has already infected the entire network, disconnect them all from the Internet to stop them infecting others.
- Run a virus scanner to determine exactly what virus you have. There is a lot of free software that can do this – try AVG or Comodo.
- You should be able to use the anti-virus software to successfully remove the virus 90% of the time. Check for software updates if it doesn’t work.
- Learn your lesson and keep the anti-virus software running and up-to-date from now on.
- Consider improving your protection further with a personal firewall and by keeping your system completely backed up.
If you have additional tips, please share them in the comments section.