If you are sat at home this weekend contemplating starting your own small / micro home business or becoming a self-employed freelancer / sole trader then here are ten quick-fire business ideas to use as a starting point.
- A grocery checkout efficiency consulting service.
- A traveling poker school offering intensive weekend tuition.
- Assist businessmen who have trouble writing speeches or organising presentations.
- A baby fitness class for parents and kids.
- Restaurant where customers cook alongside the chef to aid learning – then eat their own meal.
- Become a virtual assistant and offer your skill-set to others for hire.
- Using Google Earth to work out green improvements to a given area.
- A non-profit organisation that takes old donated tech items and makes them suitable for use by other non-profits.
- Rummaging through other people’s houses to find saleable items which can be placed on eBay (you will take a percentage).
- A service which reclaims gold from old electronics.
I hope this will inspire you to start your own business, but if you need further encouragement take a look at our competition – ST.